How to do it by yourself
After some practice, we will be able to do it without any support resources. In addition, as we can practice it in a longer or shorter way, we can always take advantage of the few free minutes we have in our daily lives to practice it.
Better muscle relaxation, greater body awareness, and greater awareness of our emotional states are some of the benefits most often referred to by practitioners.
How to start practicing Body Scan:
- Sit in a comfortable position, keep your spine straight and elongated;
- Take some deeper, slower inhalations and exhalations;
- Then keep your breathing normal;
- Close your eyes, if you feel comfortable with that.
- Focus your attention on the toes, feel each toe and the sensations that are present in that area of the body;
- Then go up slowly - shifting your attention - through the various parts of the body, until you reach the head.
- Observe what you feel in each part of the body, with delicacy and curiosity allowing yourself to relax the areas where you feel tension;
- After you finish the scan, take a few slower, deeper breaths, open your eyes slowly and notice how you feel.
- Thank yourself for dedicating these moments of attention to your body.