Today - Partly sunny, with a high near 44. Southeast wind 8 to 15 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph.
Tonight - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Southwest wind 9 to 13 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph.
Marine Forecast for Narragansett Bay
- Small Craft Advisory in effect from 10 am EST this morning through this evening
Today - S winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 30 kt. Waves around 3 ft.
Tonight - SW winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 25 kt, becoming NW after midnight. Waves around 3 ft.
- Coastal Water Temperature - 37.0 degrees
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:01 am and sunset will be at 4:55 pm.
- The first high tide was at 12:31 am and the next high tide will be at 12:53 pm. The first low tide will be at 6:22 am and the next low tide at 6:24 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 54 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:58 am.
- Moon age is 21 days, lighting is 59%.
Things To Do