Today - Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Southwest wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
Tonight - Rain likely, mainly after 2am. Patchy fog after 1am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 44. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Marine Forecast For Narragansett Bay
- Gale watch in effect from late tonight through Thursday afternoon
Today - SW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Waves 3 to 4 ft.
Tonight - S winds 10 to 15 kt, increasing to 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Gusts up to 30 kt. Waves 5 to 6 ft. A chance of rain in the evening, then rain likely after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
Water Temperature - 35.1 °F
Sun, Moon, & Tide
- The sun will rise in Newport at 7:04 am and sunset will be at 4:50 pm.
- The first low tide was at 2:22 am and the next low tide will be at 3:14 pm. The first high tide will be at 9:15 am and the next high tide at 9:44 pm.
- Today we will have 9 hours and 46 minutes of sun. The solar transit will be at 11:57 am.
- The lunar phase is a Waning Gibbous. Moon age is 17 days, lighting is 95%.