I love the AirTag. It’s a fine little tool for keeping track of things like car keys, backpacks, wallets and purses.
Unfortunately, some creepy criminals figured out Apple’s tracking tags work pretty well as tools for stalking and theft, too.
Apple already revealed changes it’s making to its trackers, but the company probably didn’t go far enough. In our lead story this weekend, Cult of Mac writer Ed Hardy makes the case that Apple should do more.
Also this week:
- The latest rumors point to a Mac-tastic March event.
- New Apple TV+ sci-fi/satire Severance sounds great, as does the streamer’s new Abraham Lincoln docu-series. Both premiered this week, and we’ve got reviews.
- An unlikely company is ready to breathe new life into old Macs: Google.
- And an ancient Apple mystery has been solved!
Happy weekend reading,
– Lewis Wallace, managing editor