What would you be doing if money wasn’t an issue? Why aren’t you doing this now?
Everyone has a number where they’d be financially “free”.
- The gap between this number and your current wealth is your money problem.
Most people would quit if they had $100K+ to cover their next 1-2 years.
Many people need $10K or less to start their passion project.
Too many of the world’s smartest people are stuck running a money-maximizing function.
In the 1990s, it was Goldman Sachs. Now it’s Facebook.
- “The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads.” — Jeff Hammerbacher
We wanted to feed the world. Instead we got free two-day shipping.
- Humans inflated their definition of “necessities” faster than their incomes.
- Now we’re even less likely to get leisure and retirement than our grandparents.
- “One of the most valuable things you can do with your time and with your life” is to raise others’ aspirations. — Tyler Cowen