“Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, “It might have been.”― Kurt Vonnegut
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Personally, 1-3 aren’t a risk, 4 isn’t difficult either and, until recently, 5 wasn’t a concern. I’m working on it.
Keeping the stoke
is in the face of stress, uncertainty & adversity key. But not only for me.
I’d wager that by ensuring regrets above don’t haunt you on your deathbed, you could also mitigate the same fate for others.
Want more anti-regret reading?
As always thank you for reading,