Last issue had a time theme and the circular time vs. linear time link below follows that thread.
Though, I can say: asking them throughout the year makes sense too!
- What was one of the moments you were most proud of in 2019?
- What does that tell you about what you want to spend your energy/time/money on next year?
- When were you genuinely surprised this last year?
- What was your best failure this year? (i.e. what thing that didn’t go well eventually taught you something critical?)
- What was your most overrated success? (i.e. something you thought would feel great that was sort of a let down?)
- Who really enriched your life this year in a big way? Who is someone you want to get to know better in the year ahead?
- What community are you a part of right now that you find most nourishing?
- What kind of community are you craving?
- What goals—personal or professional—are you releasing in 2020?
- Who did you feel most jealous of this year? What is that person up to that you want to bring more of into your own life?
- Where and with whom were you most resentful in 2019? How can you get straight about your own needs and articulate them so you can stop feeling that shit in 2020?
- What piece of art, movie, or book really inspired you this year?
- What conversation was most memorable in 2019?
- What made it stick with you so powerfully?
- If you had to articulate a mantra for 2020, what would it be?
- When were you most physically joyful in 2019?
- How can you get there more in 2020?
- What is one question that you found yourself asking over and over again this year? What version of an answer are you living your way into?
- What was the most sacred experience you had in the last decade?
- What makes you despair and what gives you hope right now?
Some of these are quite heavy. I hope you like that. ; )
As always, thank you for reading! And welcome to the new subscribers (recent uptick is a welcome trend!) Please do reply with feedback,
If you enjoy this issue, please consider spreading the word: