Dang! It has been about a month since I last wrote. Whereas last summer I dropped the ball on the newsletter due to difficult circumstances, this time its been due to project enhancements!
2019’s summer months have been everything but relaxed & Twotone has been picking up the pace since the 2nd half of the year started.
Though I typically wax poetic for these intros, this time I’m sharing a quick recap of a few current projects of which, we’re quite proud:
• We assembled an international team to pitch non-cycling media about Specialized’s new Creo SL during Le Tour across France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium and England. With 8 people in 5 countries, this project is our biggest yet!
• We’ve ensured that several cool activations (like this one
, and this one
) with Bram Tankink, the KNWU & Nederlandse Loterij
garnered local and national coverage here in The Netherlands. (Thank you again Michiel
for this one!)
• We got Cannondale’s Tesoro & Quick Neo
featured in de Volkskrant
and Financiele Dagblaad here in Holland. As well as beginning to planning an upcoming international event for them.
• For Ampler
, we not only produced but also shot and had our own colleague Guy and his girlfriend Esther star in a photoshoot here in Amsterdam
and will do so again in Switzerland in a few weeks.
• We kicked of a rack contest with Pelago
and are gearing up for international expansion across the globe with them. They turn 10 this month!
• For both Wahoo and Komoot
, we’ve been focused on The Netherlands for editorial reviews, media campaigns, ride activations
and some other newness
coming up in the pipeline.
On a personal note, a year of struggling to find the stoke, I’ve recently been plotting a few audacious adventures, work related weekend rides and other awesome excuses to get out on the bike:
* FURTHER | August 23rd - 26th –
the start of this race is coming up quick and much like my vibe before Silk Road last year: I know I have what it takes but this time, I’m in a better frame of mind. And, dare I say: in it, to win it! FRTHR.CO
* The VOTEC Gravel Fondo
| August 31 - Sept 7
– I’ve seen this event from afar for years and this year was invited to attend. I’ll do a talk about The Silk Road Mountain Race that weekend during the fondo and then ride with the Votec team ~300km to Eurobike. Votec Gravel Fondo
* BOHEMIAN BORDER BASH
| Sept 12 - 15
– The Bohemian Border Bash is being put on by my good friend Ondrej of Chimpanzee Bars. If you can make it, this event is not to be missed: BOHEMIANBORDERBASH.COM
* Ride to Road Worlds
| Sept 27 - 30 –
I’m riding with the Dutch Cycling Federation along with a number of other guests including media to the UCI Road Worlds Champs for our project supporting the Dutch Lottery: Yorkshire 2019
| Oct 4th - 9 (?)
- The Trans Pyrenees Race is gonna be a big one. Climbing some of the most famous routes of the Pyrenees including Col d'Aubisque, Col du Tourmalet and Col d'Aspin + lots of other surprises: TRANSPYRENEES.CC
If you’ll be at any of these events (Eurobike too!), let me know and let’s catch up!
As always, thank you for reading : )
If you enjoy this issue, please consider spreading the word: