“This man will make your liver quiver! This man will make your bladder splatter! This man will freeze your knees! If you will, let’s all welcome SOUL BROTHER number 1, JAMES BROWN!!!!”
This intro quote is from a live James Brown performance at Zaire 74
, a three day festival in Kinshasa, Zaire (now the Democratic Republic of the Congo) that included B.B. King, Bill Withers and dozens of other artists. The festival was organized by famous fight promoter, Don King and was shrouded in controversy. The festival was attended by more than 80,000 people! – Chris from JamBuzz
I’ve been using last.fm
a lot to go through a now nearly 10 years of scrobbles and all kinds of classic jams are popping up! I use youtube for playback instead of Spotify and often some great live performances come through. Like the Soul Power performance
Speaking of the intro, a liver that quivers sounds pretty intense! So, how about some tips on how to avoid exactly that from Kurt P. Leuenberger, MD, OHC Hematology Oncology?
- 🍷Limit the amount of alcohol you drink.
- 🍵 Drink green tea. It is one of the best beverages for a health liver is green tea.
- 🥗 Eat healthy. Try to eat less meat and instead eat non-starchy vegetables and fruits, grains and seeds.
- 🌰And don’t forget nuts. Walnuts are considered another good food for our livers because of their high content of omega-3 fatty acids and their amino acid levels, which assist in liver cleansing, therefore helping to remove toxins.
- 🚴Exercise. Exercise is good for you in general, and as you keep your weight under control, you’ll help prevent nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, a condition that leads to cirrhosis.
- ☕ Drink coffee. Research shows that it can lower your risk of getting liver disease. No one knows why this is so, but it’s something easy to do while more research is done.
- 🚭Don’t smoke. Duh.
As always, thank you for reading!
If you enjoy this issue, please consider spreading the word: