Here are some paraphrased tips I recently read from Darius Foroux
to get back on your A game:
1. Don’t Resist: Swimming upstream is really tough. Maybe even futile. Darius’ first tip essentially acknowledges that being in a rut sucks. Feeling extra down & out about not being able to shake loose is a waste of energy. You’ll bounce back but in the meantime don’t beat yourself up.
2. Recreate The Past: looking back is great for nostalgia and especially: to learn. If you’re off track, it’s the perfect time to look back. Think of when you last felt like you were crushing it. A time when everything seemed to be going well. Understanding the habits, circumstances and state of mind. Regaining that focus & mentality is key!
3. Focus On Effort, Not Results: Darius cites Michael Jordan: “Sometimes, things may not go your way but the effort should be there every single night.” Focusing on your effort creates consistency. However, when you’re in a rut, it is easy to become distracted by your (lack of) results. You must never forget one thing: You will get back. But that means you have to focus on your effort. That’s the only way to get back. The results will come.
4. Plan Your Days Meticulously:
Wondering “What should I do next?” throughout the day is never a good sign. Like I wrote in Nº114, make a checklist & nail it:
• Look at your goals (if you don’t have goals, make them up)
• Think about what daily activities you have to do to achieve them
• Schedule those activities on your calendar
•Also schedule time for family, friends, relaxation, reading, etc.
Ultimately, these steps are just ideas and not in any particular order. Putting in the work to change the course of your future can be very motivating!
People often find it easier to be a result of the past than a cause of the future. – Unknown
As always thank you for reading,
Enjoy this issue? 🙏 Sharing is caring!