Guten morgen from a Romanshorn bound train outta Zürich.
The last time I took the Romanshorn ferry to Friedrichshafen for Eurobike was 2011. It was my 1st time at the show & I was selling translation services for ALTA
. 2018 is now my 6th (!) time at the show. And I’m very proud to be supported by such an awesome team representing so many amazing clients. Check out Twotone’s clients at Eurobike here on pr.co.
Speaking of pr.co, their sales guy Sjors
is staying with us too!
My busy schedule & travel can really take its toll. I’m hoping to catch some Z’s on this hour train ride & 40 min ferry.
So wait, you can literally nap to catch up on sleeping too little… But how about how to sleep your way to the top
? Not like that,
I mean: to develop an evening routine for cutting stress, creating momentum, and cultivating happiness:
🤔 Do a daily reflection.
Ask yourself questions like this before bedtime:
What were three amazing things that happened today?
What’s one (or two) thing(s) I learned today?
- The neurophysiology behind these exercises is that they get you out of your limbic system and into your neocortex. The limbic system is responsible for our emotions, among other things.
👌Reframe negative experiences –
Reflection and visualization prime you to get it right next time. Maybe follow the exercise above with this question:
What’s one thing you could have handled better today?3.
☁ Play Tetris –
Playing Tetris regularly has been shown to promote the growth of grey matter in the brain.
In other words, adding it to your routine helps support your brain’s adaptability and flexibility — two crucial tools shown to help combat prominent neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s, Multiple Sclerosis, and Parkinson’s.
📝 Make your to-do list for tomorrow, today –
Identifying what you want to achieve tomorrow is an empowering way to end your day.
5. 💤 Keep the same sleep and wake schedule (no matter what) – starting and ending your day at the same time is incredibly important for long-term vitality, productivity, and focus.
💨 Oxygen levels dip in the evening –
so many good tips in the article
to up your bedtime oxygen game.
7. 🛌Protect your bedroom:
- You should protect your sleeping space the way you protect other valuables in your life.
- Dim the lights in the evening and reduce your exposure to devices in the hours preceding bedtime
- Reduce the temperature
- Sleep with breathable clothing — or (gasp!) naked
- Charge your phone in your kitchen
- Remove all electronics from your bedroom
8. 😏 Boatloads of sex and orgasms – the neurological and physiological benefits of sex are too important to ignore:
All of our vital markers improve: cardiac output decreases, heart rate and blood pressure drop, breathing rate slows. It even aids in digestion. Not to mention the increased likelihood of intimacy, bonding, and connection with your partner. Your serotonin and dopamine levels are guaranteed to skyrocket. So take it from a doctor: there’s no better way to start your sleep than with an orgasm.
Whew! Long intro this week!
Hopefully, it has you stoked on getting some sleep!
As always thank you for reading,
Enjoy these issues?
🙏 Sharing is caring!