Hello there! Thank you for tuning in & extra hello to a number of new subscribers this week. 👋
1. You can’t change other people, and it’s rude to try.
5. Everyone likes somebody who gets to the point quickly.
7. Children are remarkably honest creatures until we teach them not to be.
9. Yelling always makes things worse.
11. Every problem you have is your responsibility, regardless of who caused it.
16. Cynicism is far too easy to be useful.
17. Every passing face on the street represents a story every bit as compelling and complicated as yours.
18. Whenever you hate something, it hates you back: people, situations and inanimate objects alike.
20. People embellish everything, as a rule.
21. Anger reveals weakness of character, violence even moreso.
24. Those who complain the most, accomplish the least.
25. Putting something off makes it instantly harder and scarier.
29. A person who is unafraid to present a candid version of herself to the world is as rare as diamonds.
31. If what you’re doing feels perfectly safe, there is probably a better course of action.
32. The greatest innovation in the history of humankind is language.
42. Getting truly organized can vastly improve anyone’s life.
52. Posture and dress change profoundly how you feel about yourself and how others feel about you, like it or not.
59. Try as we might to be otherwise, we are all hypocrites.
64. Words are immensely powerful. One cruel remark can wound someone for life.
65. It’s easy to make someone’s day just by being uncommonly pleasant to them.
72. There are not enough women in positions of power. The world has suffered from this deficit for a long time.
73. When you break promises to yourself, you feel terrible. When you make a habit of it, you begin to hate yourself.
80. Breaking new ground only takes a small amount more effort than you’re used to giving.
As always, thank you for reading!
If you enjoy this issue, please take a moment to share it : )
Looking for a new place to work from in Amsterdam? Know someone maybe keen on renting a desk? Join us at WS6’s next open co-working day.