We do 1:1’s weekly at Twotone. It is vital.
But it is sometimes easy to breeze through them. Casually reschedule and even occasionally skip them due to the hustle & bustle each week.
Once things start to feel routine, I feel like that is a good chance to mix things up a bit.
High-level takeaways of Claire Lew’s awesome article?
- 🤗 Make empathy your mission. (if this is hard, blame your parents)
- 😟 ⚡ 😌 Ask questions to uncover two things: tension and energy. So key.
- 📅 Follow up with a question about what you or the company can do going forward.
- 👎 Admit what you think you suck at.
- 🔣 Explain why you need their input.
- ✌ 🤫 Don’t get defensive. And talk less.
If you’re not doing regular 1:1’s at your work start now & take these tips with you!
As always thank you for reading,