YouTube’s promotional algorithms have changed drastically over the years. Tubefilter has put together a presentation of their latest research into those algorithms entitled “Cracking YouTube in 2017.” You can check out the full presentation here
but we’ve included some of our top highlights below.
- Videos that are between 7 and 16 minutes perform up to 50% better than videos that are shorter or longer.
- Videos with an average view duration of 5 – 8 minutes receive the most views.
- There is no correlation between views and length of title, number of tags, or length of description.
- Channels with 200k+ subs post far more often than small channels (translation: POST MORE OFTEN!!…like 2-3 videos per week often!)
- shorter titles + descriptions with more tags = more suggested video placements