Duolingo team members believe they are improving their app by 1 percent each week. To do that, they encourage experimentation, analysis, and rigorous use of data to shape decisions.
They defined three steps to get experimentation in the company’s development philosophy and practice:
- Foster a culture of relying on data to better serve your mission. Take small steps for big improvements.
- Hone the process to avoid spaghetti testing (whereby you just see what ideas stick). And then respect that process.
Empower your full team to be involved, and invest in tools that let you scale your ability to fine-tune your approach to testing.
What else in this week newsletter?
- Google’s HEART Framework for Measuring UX
- [Solved] 15 Most Common Enhanced Ecommerce Issues
- #GTMTips: Collect ISP As A Custom Dimension In Google Analytics
- Podcast: list of behavioral insights podcasts curated by Kevin Anderson
- Events: Amsterdam Measurecamp Panel & Amsterdam Champagne Breakfast @ Contentsquare
Job opportunities @ VodafoneZiggo & Fonq
Enjoy your week! Maybe see you this afternoon at the Google Analytics User Conference in Amsterdam.