ITP 2.3 is launched. What is the impact on your data?
Since ITP 2.2, several trackers have announced their move from first-party cookies to alternate first-party storage such as LocalStorage. ITP 2.3 counteracts this in the following way:
- website.example will be marked for non-cookie website data deletion if the user is navigated from a domain classified with cross-site tracking capabilities to a final URL with a query string and/or a fragment identifier, such as website.example?clickID=01234.
- After seven days of Safari use without the user interacting with a webpage on website.example, all of website.example’s non-cookie website data is deleted.
Read more about the update in the first article.
What else in this newsletter:
- Amazon’s beautifully designed and failed three vs. two column layout experiment
- Power BI versus Tableau
- Google Analytics is broken by default
- Event: Data & Analytics: a look in the Retail branch - 12 November
- Event: Dialogue Donderdag #31 CROfest - 31 October
Job opportunites @ Footlocker & Twill
Have a nice day