Happy Thursday! Long time no see but TC newsletter is here again.
A lot of things happened in the past but there are some very recent events that you should know about.
In this weekly edition:
- 📹 TikTok ban in the US and Instagram Reels!
- 📱 Galaxy Unpacked just happened
- 📋 New form to submit apps to TestingCatalog
- 💎 Some new beta apps to test
…and more posts in the “Beta News” section
TikTok ban in the US and Instagram Reels!
TikTok app may get banned in US and TikTok was forced to sell its US business. It is still unclear what will happen there and if TikTok_US will be owned by Microsoft. But in the meantime, Instagram just released Reels in 50 countries. Reels is a TikTok analogue made by Facebook and you may be able to try it in your Instagram app already.
Galaxy Unpacked just happened
The was a Galaxy Unpacked event happening on August 5th where Samsung presented a bunch of new devices and announced 3 years of update support.
Samsung also opened a page for pre-beta registration
for OneUI 3.0 and we are quite confident that its beta will become available to more testers at some point. New Samsung devices will also get a good integration with the Windows ecosystem but it is not clear yet if this feature will be released to old devices as well.
New form to submit apps to TestingCatalog
I am refining a flow for new apps to be added to TestingCatalog database. Now, testers and devs can submit new apps straight over our new form
And some top beta apps that we’ve added recently
- 📲 Hexicon: Strategy Word Game beta - A tricky and serious board game by indie game devs.
- 📲 Facebook Gaming beta - A game streaming service by Facebook
- 📲 Cappuccino beta - Audio sharing social network
- 📲 Triller: Social Video Platform beta - TikTok alternative for Music artists and dancers
- 📲 byte - video communities beta - TikTok alternative from devs of Vine
What do you think about such format and content for the newsletter?