Starting from February this year I made several bets on different experiments with the TestingCatalog project. One of them was to try to publish frequent (3-5 posts per day) and short news and hope that they will be picked up by Google News and Google Search algorithms in a better way than before. After 3 months it didn’t happen, all the metrics have stayed almost the same and I believe they won’t change.
But, at the same time with this experiment, I managed to tailor my publishing flow to have all the short news posted on the website. It also helped me to have this newsletter built in a way as it is now.
Regardless of this, the main strategy for TestingCatalog at this moment is to focus on content platforms that don’t depend on algorithms like Twitter, Telegram and Email. The core aim is to grow to 10k subscribers as quickly as possible. Currently, I am focusing on Telegram marketing also creating additional support channels that will open an opportunity to attract additional audiences.
Here is the full list of the channels that I manage at this moment
- The main TestingCatalog channel. Posts from the website, polls and other updates.
- The channel about Telegram apps. Telegram APKs, posts from the website and official Telegram announcements.
- A new channel about Android apps. Mostly links to Google Play for apps in beta or apps shared with us directly by their developers.
- A new channel for content creators. Posts from TC website and shares from other resources on the topic for features that are not yet available.
- The legacy channel about leaks and reverse engineered features. Mostly shares from Twitter.
- A new channel about crypto apps. Post from TC website on the dedicated topic and some other updates.
- A new channel about Android games. Shares from Google Play, other resources and YouTube for game trailers.
At the same time, TC is not making any profit since the disappearance of Google+ and we need to grow our subscriber base first in order to evolve further. If you are willing to participate in building TestingCatalog Media Company with your time and expertise, please hit a reply to this newsletter.
I am also looking for a Telegram marketing expert to help us running ads over there for some commission. Cheers!