What a week the previous one has been! Personally, I am especially excited that Kenya’s curfew was finally lifted.
Are you vaccinated, by the way? If not, what’s your reason? I think you should make time and get vaccinated, soonest.
This week, a couple of things happened:
- The new 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pros are really really really powerful - if the Apple Keynote is to be believed! Apple brought back the ports, made the laptops a little thicker, and changed the design. But they’re expensive, wueh!
- Donald Trump has announced plans to launch his own social media platform. It is called TRUTH and is expected to go live in November for limited trials. The official public rollout should come in 2022.
- Google is demanding KES 58.7 Million from KRA in tax refunds. The company wants the Kenyan High Court to overturn a Tax Appeals Tribunal (TAT) decision that barred it from demanding refunds for Value Added Tax paid between 2010 and 2013.
- Meanwhile, the same Google has lowered its Play Store commissions from 30% to 15% permanently.
- And they also launched the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. But we had already seen them months ago, so people don’t seem so excited. They’re well priced though.
- Android Apps have arrived on Windows 11. Around 50 Android apps are now available to the Windows 11 Insider Program.
- Pinterest is the latest social media app to launch a TikTok competitor. They’ve announced $20 Million in rewards targeting creators.
Here are more things you shouldn’t miss: