Happy New Year!! Did you miss me? I actually felt weird not doing #jesspicks for two weeks. Like something was missing if that makes sense. But it was really good to take some time off to recharge, work a little bit and have some fun.
What have I been up to? Shows: I saw Hamilton (loved it and I want to see it AGAIN), the Nutcracker
(so good and we had box seats, so I felt like a VIP), and Phantom of the Opera (this is such a great story and the soundtrack
gets me every time).
Also movies: Hidden Figures
- everyone should watch this. I mean everyone
. It was filled with so much #blackgirlmagic and inspiration that I cried a few times with the impact and themes of it all. Sing
- talk about a fun, music-filled, rooting-for-the characters movie. You should put both of those on your must-see list.
I also worked on techbizgurl.com and set some goals for 2017. Yay! So here is the big picture plan:
- Turn the site into a legitimate side-hustle and make some $$. Currently going through this awesome course (affiliate link) to get up to speed on how to start making affiliate income.
- Write at least 12 quality blog posts for the year - one a month.
- Continue to send out #jesspicks every Saturday.
Your turn! What did you do over the holidays? And what are your plans for 2017? Hit reply and let me know.
It’s so good to be back. :) On to the picks for the week!
P.S. If you notice, this issue has a slightly new look. Let me know what you think.