Because losing access to your NFT wallet can lead to permanent loss, especially if you’re using non-custodial wallets like Metamask, Trust, and Coinbase, it is vital to follow key tips that protect your wallets against malicious security attacks.
Here are five simple security practices that will help keep your valuables safe from cyberattacks.
1. Download your NFT wallets and Applications from the official website to avoid copycat applications listed by scammers.
2. Avoid using public Wi-Fi and computers when using your digital wallets. If you must, make sure you have a VPN installed on your device and that you wipe your data before logging out of public computers.
3. Back up your wallet by storing your seed or recovery phrase in an offline and safe location.
4. To further strengthen your security posture, set up additional layers of protection by using two-factor authentication apps such as Authy or Google Authenticator to keep hackers at bay.
5. Finally, for improved security, update your wallets regularly. Hackers can exploit deprecated software packages that haven’t been updated in a long time.