But I recently discovered her Youtube channel which is as just good as her podcasts.
In this video, she talks about how confirmation bias affects us and leads to the most common argument patterns such as “why are you always late?”, “why do you never clean your room?”, “why are you always texting?” etc.
Another fantastic essay by Polina Marinova!
In this essay, she talks about why love is a skill that you can improve over time and how to do that based on the advice from 100 couples.
On consistently making an effort to make your relationship even better:
“If you do nothing to make things get better in your marriage but do not do anything wrong, the marriage will still tend to get worse over time,”
“To maintain a balanced emotional ecology, you need to make an effort—think about your spouse during the day, think about how to make a good thing even better, and act.”
On applying the 80/20 Rule to your relationship:
The 80/20 rule goes like this: In your marriage, you should each recognize that your relationship is 80% about the other person and 20% about yourself. “For him, it needs to be 80% about you, and 20% about him,” E.R. tells me. “For you, it needs to be 80% about him, and 20% about you.”
It’s about putting your ego aside and being curious about the other person’s needs. A.W., whose marriage ended after 26 years, shares this learning: “Find out what makes your spouse feel loved, and do that every day.”
There are tons of other great pieces of advice in this post. I strongly recommend reading it :)