For the last few months, I’ve been trying to simplify crypto markets exuberance and simplify price movement. I am not expert and have had my share of “Wrongs” in 2018 but 2019 has been different. I’ve been mostly right with this new found wisdom, and new thinking. All this crypto could go back to dumps but nevertheless I thought I will share my random brainwashed thoughts….From a complex jargon of fancy technicalities, Ive decided to keep my thoughts, life and this newsletter simple.
Like Blaise Pascal said, “All of humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.” So here we go
BTC - Cautiously bullish
- Still a store of value (SoV) phenomenon and best consensus algorithm out there. While lightening is trying to be the the Maker DAO of Ethereum, it will take a while and until you see mass adoption, skeptic. At least up until December 2020, we may (or may not) see some real traction. Who so ever wanted to hold for SoV, already has.
- Institutions have started to come in now (at last) and they don’t buy petty change. Even our old Jack@twitter is (supposedly) buying 10K worth of BTC every week. I doubt but then it’s the psychology stupid
- BTC is halving next year and we will start seeing effects by October this year to see a mega rally back to 15/20K next year. In fact there are options trading at 50K strike for June 2020.
Altcoins - Ones I like and I am bullish for in 2019
- BNB - I recently started using Binance and was blown away by ease of use and comfort. The DEX, Binance Chain, multiple well executed business plans, transparency and the fact that its a money printing machine, makes it all positive for the coin
- Ether - Dapps are gaining massive traction and solidity is still the preferred language by most Engineers out there, constantinople worked in the end and increases mining difficulty making it Ether net positive. ICOs have largely sold what they wanted to into USD or BTC.
- MKR DAO - Short term bullish, but others are catching fast. Keep an eye on other protocols build on Ether like Compound, Settle, Dharma etc. At this rate now, I would half my positions though.
Now the more fun part in this displaced market……