My friends at Trunk Travel
did a Q & A this morning with an official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I am going to paste it below for your reference. I just want to add that it is often difficult to get straight answers from any government official. None of them seem to know the full details and sometimes, are unable to answer when I have specific questions for them. So please be patient if we cannot answer all your questions. This is because the people who are in the know cannot always answer them!
Following a meeting with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and T.A.T, plus other members of the tourism industry of Thailand, we have the following updates -
1. Can we stay in a combination of the 46 safe countries over the 21-days? yes, you can BUT do not mix with any other off the list
2. Can we transit through a not ‘safe’ country? Yes, BUT cannot be for more than 12 hours transit and MUST stay inside the airport ONLY
3. Landing in Bangkok, can we transit to Phuket? Currently, the only allowed transfer through Bangkok is to Samui (sealed inbound flight). Can enter Bangkok under Test & Go and fly to Phuket the following day if negative
4. 2nd test in Sandbox , will it be another RT-PCR? This will change to a professional ATK soon. Date to be confirmed
5. AQ hotels in Blue Zone can get the booking from customers? MFA replied that hotels in the Blue Zone must be SHA PLUS only as of now
6. Phuket and other Sandbox can do Test & Go if come from the ‘safe’ 46 countries?? YES (however, we have spoken to several of the larger hotels this morning and some are offering the Test & Go, some are yet to confirm if they will)
7. Thailand Pass will start running on November 1st, how do travellers wanting to enter on or around the 7th apply for this as they are being denied the COE? The system is mostly electronic, so if the quality of documents uploaded is good, and where applicable shows a QR code, the system will accept relatively quickly. If the documents are not of a good quality, such as hand written vaccination cards, we recommend the traveller to delay their trip by a few days. This will cause a delay of a few days for the Thailand Pass to be issued.
8. When the 2nd test switches to the ATK, where/how does the individual submit the result? Not decided at present.
9. if the 2nd ATK returns a positive, what would happen? The standard quarantine regulations will apply immediately.
10. RT-PCR on day one in Sandbox, where is this done? for Test & Go, it will depend on the individual hotel. For Phuket, it remains at the airport on arrival. Check this with your hotels S.O.P.
11. While waiting for the result, can arrivals use the facilities or do any activities in the hotel? No, stay in room only
12. Thai’s that leave Thailand and return, can they do a Test & Go? If travelling to and from a ‘safe’ country, yes. If not a safe country, the current regulations apply
13. What will be the cost of RT-PCR under the new regulations? Unclear, waffling answering to avoid the facts (politicians!)
14. Can the insurance for entering Thailand be from any country? Yes, as long as it meets the governments requirements
15. Enter as a family, can they stay in the same room? NOT clear at the moment. We hope to know more soon.
16. Flight crews, what rules are applied to them? Sandbox rules.
17. Does the hotel cost include the PCR test on day 0? and if need to refund, how to do so? - waiting for confirmation, but we believe this will be included
18. Does Thailand Pass apply to VoA (Visa on Arrival)? waiting for the answer