I have been teaching exercise to Punjabi music since 2000. More than 2 million people have followed my workout videos through YouTube, and approximately 10,000 people have attended one of my classes. What percent of those people do you guess are female? Roughly 50:50?
Nope, not even close. 80% of females follow my videos, and 95% attend classes.
So much for the 36% inactive South Asians, what about the other 64%? How do we make sure the 64% are not quietened? That their efforts are not going unnoticed? The answer that we can’t let this happen.
This is the reason I am expanding the mission statement for Pungra from Good exercise to Punjabi music to Good exercise to Punjabi music and empower active girls.