HFS: So much to say about this multifaceted disgrace - stay with me, its worth the slightly longer read.
1) Saudi Arabia (SA) is one of the top terrorist exporters in the world. Most of the 9/11 hijackers came from SA. It is also one of the worst oppressors of human rights in the world. They imprison, torture & execute homosexuals, atheists, apostates, political prisoners, human rights activists and anyone else they dislike for any reason.
2) SA uses its oil money to spread Wahhabi Islam - the same extremist interpretation of Islam adopted by ISIS - around the world.
3) SA’s economy is almost entirely based on selling oil. Most of what they export is oil and Islamic hate (Wahhabi Islam).
4) With the decline in oil prices, the SA economy is in bad shape and it is living on borrowed time eating up capital reserves. Also not helping is SA’s ongoing proxy war in Yemen against Iran. SA is heading towards bankruptcy.
5) SA cannot afford to pay the US $110B which should have been the first clue that this is a fake arms deal.
6) Even a cursory investigation of the announced “deals” with SA shows that they are mostly vapor, wishful thinking, hopes for the future and fantasy. The whole thing is essentially fake news.
7) Not surprising that Trump, who constantly complains about fake news against himself, pushed this piece of fake news aggressively. Even taking credit for small parts of the deal that are real, but were established when Obama was president.
8) As far as I can tell, not one single news organization in the US or elsewhere bothered to perform even a cursory investigation of the fake deal announcement before publishing it extensively as front page news. Trustworthy, high quality news sources no longer exist - they were all killed by the Internet.
9) In an amazing “coincidence”, It was ultimately the Brookings institute - an “independent” research organization partially funded by Qatar - that broke the story. The fact that Qatar was recently boycotted by a coalition led by SA surely has nothing to do with the timing of the Brookings institute publishing this story… its all just a big coincidence…
10) My apologies if there is anyone this post has not embarrassed - I will get to you shortly… :-)