How you living?
As it turns out, most of you (at least from those who filled in my feedback survey - thank you so much for that 🙏) are here as much to read the curated content as to see what I’ve been upto.
So here’s what I’ve been working on these days (in addition to keeping up with school assessments, writing, living life, trying to master basic self-care, laughing at memes on Instagram and reading Michael Foley’s Age of Absurdity
+ Right now, my ass is in Morocco (Casablanca mostly and passing through Tangier & Marrakech) for a 2-week design strategy job for Coca Cola. I’m looking to learn more about local trends & youth culture so if you’re in the know, please reach out!
+ I’m on my autodidactic flow lately. I just finished my 1st fully online and certified class with this Design Strategy course
on Coursera (recommended if you’re new to Design Thinking in a corporate setting, redundant otherwise). Up next I’m studying Human-Computer Interaction with the Interaction Design
Foundation. More about that & a free 3-month membership for you awaits below!
+ Class is back in session and this year I’ll be writing the much-dreaded thesis to finish my Business Innovation bachelors. Equally intimidating and exciting, it’s an opportunity to spend a lot of time on a topic or in a space you’re passionate about. Looking for a client & a brief has been a frustrating back-and-forth process but my aim is to settle and kick off before my next digest reaches your inbox. Pray for me! If you’ve recently finished your thesis, I’d love to hear your tips & recommendations before I go all in.
Enough about me, let’s see what’s been happening on the web.
Items in issue #20:
- The Copenhagen Catalog is a collective manifesto on human-centered tech from Techfestival 📢
- The Ekmans’ Atlas of Emotions summarizes 3 years of CBT therapy in an interactive website 🛋
- Meet @lilmiquela - a CGI fashion influencer with 1M followers 💃
- Giving away free 3-month membership to the Interaction Design Foundation’s classes for my fellow design geeks 📱
By yours truly:
- I’m now offering Visual Notes for talks, events & courses ✏️
- 🎵 Listening to OSHUN
- 🗨 Maya Angelou on Belonging