Goedemorgen! Or have a beautiful day - depending on what timezone you’re currently in.
After these amazing months roaming around Asia, I find myself back in Europe - hence the Dutch greeting. Although I’m struggling a little with the transition, it’s been a warm homecoming to see my loved ones again and enjoy the rarity of Dutch summer days while I’m contemplating and designing what the next chapter of my life will look like.
Before we get into this month’s best reads / views / plays, I’d like to make 2 timely observations.
1. The start of July marks halftime! Time for a little midyear reflection. How has your 2018 been so far? What have been your biggest highlights & successes? How have you been showing up? What are your intentions for the second half? Taking a moment for reflection, in whatever form suits you, is so powerful and 3x worth our time. I published mine in Instagram stories if you’re curious.
2. My first ever digest was sent in July 2017 which means I’ve been at this for a year now! I want to give a big big thank you to you for being part of this and reading along with all that I like to share with you. I’d also like to take this occasion as an opportunity to ask for your thoughts. Which particular stories or themes do you most enjoy? Some type of media? A writing style? Spill the beans! Although this serves as a curated expression, I’d love to hear why you read these and how I can make them better for you.
- - - - - -
Moving on, what’s featured in issue #17:
- 99% Invisible details the process of bringing an emoji into being and more specifically the funny story behind the recently introduced lotus-position emoji 🙂🎙️
- Tim Brown serves us a favorable view on automation and its potential to bring creativity front and center 🤖🎨
- Self-study with Acumen’s free schooling and upskilling for (aspiring) social changemakers 👩🏫
- Deepen or pick up your yoga practice in the comfort of your own home with the Yoga with Adriene youtube channel 🤸🎋
- Hear me chatting about experimental life design & more as a guest on my friend Ben’s podcast Discovery Lane 💬✨
- Listening to: Funkommunity - Dandilion 🌼