I launched the first episode of the Big Picture Medicine podcast this week. Although everything I’ve read about marketing suggests that it should have one, clear focus—I’m not quite sure what that is yet. I made it because it’s the content I want but doesn’t really exist yet.
Here are some things that I want it to accomplish:
- Cover interesting insights and stories in the future of Medicine.
- Answer how medics can turn an idea they have into reality.
- General career and productivity advice from superperformers in the field.
The first episode is an interview with Dr Abdullah Albeyatti
. He’s a GP who created MedicalChain
, an electronic health record system which uses blockchain (think Bitcoin
) technology to put patients in charge of their healthcare data.
He’s a great storyteller and has raised $24 million for MedicalChain, alongside his clinical work. Listen if:
- You want an idiot’s guide to blockchain and how it can be used in healthcare (hint: managing patient data, on the organ donation register and in clinical trials).
- You’re curious about medical entrepreneurship and bringing an idea into fruition.