Tech M&A has totaled $136.2 billion in 2020, more than double the year-ago levels. This is according to data provider Dealogic as reported by Kane Wu’s from Reuters.
COVID-19 has forever changed how businesses operate, communicate, sell, market, and recruit, all powered by technologies. The force also propelled the tech stock market rally in 2020. Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft are all in super strong positions to continue their buying spree in 2021.
On June 14, I am hosting Raymond Liao, Samsung Next Ventures on June 14, 2021 at FoundersHK. Join us
and we will chat more on this topic.
Based on my research, here are some of the most notable M&A deals just for the first five months of 2021:
Here are the top mobile news this week >
- Statistics - Smartphone ownership is now 85%
- Apple - Appstore generates $643 billion in billings
- Apple - Launching AirTags Android detector app
- Apple - China is the biggest supplier
- Facebook - Launching Messenger API
- Facebook - Launching Substack clone
- Statistics - Top 10 Foundry achieved $22.75 billion in Q1 2021