Personal Branding is something I speak often about. It is a complex topic but we all have to make a start. I shared my views with a local chapter of Toastmasters recently. Some key lessons include:
1. We all have a backstory. Where it all started. Mine was in high school where I was denied a captain role because “you cannot speak to save your life”. The year was 1987 but It took many years to accept it and do something.
2. If you want to go somewhere worthwhile, you should know where you are.
3. Function precedes form in almost all buying decisions. The same is true for a brand. Can you do the job? Brand kicks in later.
4. In an interview when multiple candidates appear similar, the candidate with a better personal brand, succeeds.
5. You cannot build your personal brand overnight. It takes consistent effort over a long period of time. Be patient and keep the faith.
For a full list please see the LinkedIn post above or the video and podcast links I am sharing.
You can watch the video here
and listen to the podcast on Spotify