I realized very early on in my freelance writing career that I don’t know everything.
Not even close.
And I just don’t have the time or energy to retain knowledge that doesn’t relate to my core business focus.
The good news?
You don’t have to know everything to be able to serve a wide variety of clients as a freelance writer or content agency.
You just need to know how to ask the right questions.
My latest article for The Blogsmith is all about how to conduct a content client interview, with advice for:
- Which tools to use (free and paid options) + tool setup tips
- The importance of meeting transcripts and how to generate them automatically
- How to come up with good questions and additional interview prep tasks
- Why you should start your content outline during the interview call
- What to do immediately following a client interview to set yourself up for success with creating content
I hope that my process can help you to hold more meaningful content meetings with clients. And I’d love to hear if there’s anything you would add to make it better!
Until next time,
Maddy Osman, The Blogsmith