I still vividly remember in March 2020 how many people in my professional and social media circles predicated that “‘this virus thing’ will be over in a few weeks.”
Sometimes when I close my eyes, it seems like yesterday.
Sometimes, it feels like 20 years ago.
In terms of the stress these last - almost - two years have caused in my life personally and in the lives of many of those I love.
We weren’t supposed to live through a second calendar year of a pandemic.
We weren’t supposed to do a lot of things we have had to do.
But I don’t want to dwell on any of that.
Because while this year wasn’t supposed to be what it was, it also wasn’t all bad. I hope it wasn’t all bad for you. As for me,
- I started this newsletter. 180 of you subscribed to it!
- I got accepted into Twitter’s Spark program for Spaces. Where I have the privilege of getting paid to host conversations with incredibly interesting people doing amazing, creative things.
- I traveled out of the USA and did so safely + without getting anyone else sick.
- I added freelance work to my client roster for a company I love.
- I saw precious young lives added to the number of people whom I call family.
- I survived. All of the people I love, survived.