Around this same time, I was asked if I could describe the ideal road warrior approach. Luckily, I wrote it down so that I can now reflect on the assumptions and some of the absurdities through a lens some 12 years later.
This is how to work from the road.
1) Have access to a quiet place with no harsh overhead lighting, no screaming announcements, plentiful AC power, free scratch pads and pens, free drinks and snacks (Delta Crown Room via AMEX perks or buy one)
2) Have access to quality wireless OR wired Internet (via T-Mobile pay as you go)
3) Have a laptop and mobile phone.
4) Have a backup mobile phone that uses the same type of storage card that can be read by the other phone and laptop.
5) Have a land line with a DID.
6) Have a 12V charger that lets you carry -one- kind of car charger per mobile phone
7) Drink lots of coffee during layovers