Support The Highlighter!
Six years ago, I emailed a few articles to two close friends. It was the first issue of what would become The Highlighter.
Now, 310+ issues later, The Highlighter comes out week after week, giving you the best articles on race, education, and culture.
But it’s become more than that, too. We’ve built a reading community of curious, compassionate people who care about important issues. We’re eager to read, learn, and connect with each other.
This year, I have big dreams for The Highlighter. And I’m asking for your support to help make these dreams a reality:
- Launch an article club. (Update: This is happening!) We read, annotate, and discuss one great article every month.
- Connect with authors. (Update: This is happening!) Part of what makes Article Club special is that the authors participate, too — in our discussion or in a podcast episode.
- Spotlight the best articles on key topics. (Update: This is happening!) Read the best-ever articles on a variety of important topics, all in one place.
- Organize teacher curriculum planning workshops. Teachers love The Highlighter and want to plan great units together.
- Build a searchable article archive. (Update: This is happening soon!) Like articles on segregation by Nikole Hannah-Jones appearing in ProPublica? Here you go.
- Expand the newsletter’s reach. It’s great to have 650+ subscribers, but wouldn’t it be better to have 1,000? Or more?
If you value The Highlighter and want to see it grow, please consider becoming a VIP member!
Your $3-a-month contribution goes to support The Highlighter community:
- Plentiful prizes and grandiose new merchandise
- Newsletter delivery, website, and podcast fees
- Subscriptions to tons of publications
- Food and beverage at article clubs and other events
- Getting the word out about The Highlighter
As a member, you’ll receive my limitless, undying gratitude. Plus you’ll join an exclusive group that will help map out the future direction of The Highlighter. You can expect a few surprise perks, too, along the way. (After all, you’re a VIP.)
Thank you for your readership and support of The Highlighter!