Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog is the Government of India’s flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country and was set up in 2016. Towards this end, AIM has taken a holistic approach to ensure the creation of a problem-solving innovative mindset in schools and creating an ecosystem of entrepreneurship in universities, research institutions, private and MSME sectors.
Atal Community Innovation Centre (ACIC) has been conceptualized to bring to focus the unserved and underserved regions in India in terms of idea generation, promotion of innovations and innovators at the grassroots level. ACICs will drive innovations catering to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by specifically harnessing and nurturing novel solutions for upliftment and sustainable transformation of the community and country at large.
About ACIC Mar Ephraem Incubation Forum
ACIC Mar Ephraem Incubation Forum is a non-profit community innovation centre established with the support of Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog, Govt. of India, will be functioning at the campus of Mar Ephraem College of Engineering and Technology which is the host institution, with an objective of promoting and nurturing start-ups by offering community innovation training, providing technical assistance and necessary infrastructure in the incubation centre for harnessing the creative ideas and innovative thoughts of young entrepreneurs. This Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) is having a good rapport with industries, institutions and social organizations. SPV has excellent facilities and dedicated technically qualified mentors in diverse domains. The objective of the ACIC program is to offer unique and incentivized solutions, which will encourage students, researchers or any individual/group of individuals to ideate and design novel innovative solutions for the communities. In order to meet up this purpose, the program offers the freedom to come up with innovative solutions under this program. The program would:
● Nurture innovators to ideate in areas of societal importance
● Deliver Design thinking process to spur creativity
● Provide an opportunity for everyone to innovate, ideate, and design solutions, irrespective of their age
● Inculcate community-oriented approach enabling innovative solutions through Community Tinkering lab facilities in the Community Innovation Center
● Enable Capacity building of emerging innovators in evolving technologies and designing their innovations from ideation to impactful solutions.
● Induce Partnerships with local industries/institutions in problem-solving through innovative offerings in terms of products, services, and processes and identify innovation challenges
● Involve Public-Private Partnership (PPP) to enable support for financial sustainability and encourage the participation of central agencies, PSUs, other legal entities etc. to mobilize resources for running the program
Community Innovator Fellowship Program
The Community Innovator Fellowship (CIF) is designed to nurture young and aspiring community innovators who are building indigenous solutions for local challenges. CIF aims to support their entrepreneurial journey by providing access to infrastructure, knowledge (SDGs, business and life skills), network and market. If you are a young innovator/entrepreneur working to resolve an existing challenge in your region through an enterprise, this fellowship is for you.
Benefits of CIF
· Fellows who get selected for the fellowship program will get adequate knowledge through toolkits workshops and a digital learning platform
· Fellows will get mentorship to build business acumen and sector expertise
· To create an impression on community fellows will get local Mitra for on-ground community outreach support and solution validation
· Fellows will also get access to the infrastructure of the host ACIC
· Fellows may get financial help up to rupees 2 Lakhs.
Eligibility Criteria for a Fellow
The Community Innovator Fellow is an individual with an entrepreneurial mindset, with an idea to solve a community challenge through his/her enterprise.
Age - 18-35 Years
Education - At least a bachelor’s/diploma/degree holder in any
discipline from a recognized university
Distance from the community – Residential address within 30 km from ACIC Mar
Ephraem Incubation Forum
Literacy level – English Language proficiency (Intermediate)