Stories are a core feature of Instagram. This content will disappear after 24 hours. If you want to present some pictures and videos from the stories for a longer period of time, you can save them as “Highlights.” These story highlights can then be found on your profile and can be admired by your followers. This is how you can create highlights from stories.
The corresponding story must be saved in the archive. Therefore, go to the settings to find the “Story Settings.” Here you can now select “Save in archive. ”
Here’s how you can create highlights from your Instagram Stories:
- Open the Instagram app and navigate to your profile.
- Select the archive for the stories using the clock with the arrow.
- An overview of all the stories that have already been created appears.
Pick a story from which you want to pick a highlight.
- The corresponding story will be played again. You will find the “Highlights” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Once pressed, you can now create a completely new highlight or add the content to an existing highlight.
- If necessary, assign a name for the new highlight.
How to Find the Best Instagram Hashtags (Video) How to create a cover
To see the created highlight, go to your profile. Here it is displayed under the bio. In the overview, you can optionally select a cover for the highlight story. Without a cover selection, the first image is automatically selected as the cover image. For your own covers, you can use an additional app that will help you create them. More tips:
- Paste the link into the story
- Add a post to a story
If you want to change a highlight later or delete it completely, go to your profile and tap on the corresponding highlight with your finger. A new menu appears. With which you can “edit” or “delete” the selection.
Instagram: how to invite a “co-author” - a post on two profiles
Instagram’s “co-author” feature lets you upload and tag feed posts and reels with a second Instagram user - here’s how you can use it. Instagram’s new collaboration feature lets you upload photos reels and add a co-author to the social media platform. A posted post appears on two Instagram profiles, and the likes and comments are identical on both accounts.
This feature is ideal for creatives, influencers, and private Instagram users who share content. Because it not only prevents you from posting identical content as your co-user, it also helps to increase your reach and increase your number of subscribers and interaction rates. So the next time you post a photo or reel you made with another Instagram user, you can make it a collab post right away.
How to post a collaboration on Instagram?
It is very easy to invite a co-author for the collaboration. The feature is quite similar to tagging people in a post. If you want to post a collab to your feed or to a reel, just follow these steps:
- Create your post or reel from the Create menu (“+” icon at the top right of the app).
- When you reach the final Share screen, tap Tag People.
- Then tap “Invite co-author.”
- Find and select the Instagram account you want to collaborate with. If you selected the wrong account, simply tap the “X” next to the account to remove it. To select multiple accounts, after the first user, tap Edit Co-Author and select the next account.
- Then tap the “tick” in the top right corner to confirm.
- Tap the “tick” again to publish your post to your Instagram feed.
Once you publish the post, the co-author of the post will receive a notification informing them of the collaboration. To accept them, the user just needs to tap the info in the “Notifications” menu and then tap “Review” to see the post. You can choose between “Accept” and “Reject.” If the user agrees, the post will also be displayed in their feed and provided with both user names. Note that Instagram has a cap of 20 combined tags and contributors.