COVID-19, better known as ‘Coronavirus’, continues to dominate the global headlines. In South Korea (where ICON HQ is located) we’re continuing to take precautions by limiting business activities and also allowing our team members to work remotely. Our primary concern is the safety and health of our team and we’ll remain cautious until we have more clarity on the situation.
Despite the headwinds, we continue to make great progress with enterprise clients and growing our ecosystem. This week alone, ICONLOOP added another 5 new companies to the MyID alliance and were honored as a finalist for the Blockchain Revolution Global Enterprise Blockchain Awards. Additionally, we saw big news out of Korea on the regulatory front
, paving the way for crypto adoption. This is a HUGE development for the ICON project as we continue to build bridges between corporates, governments and other entities interested in blockchain.
Now, let’s check out stats for the week.
- Weekly transaction activity increased 50% vs. December 2019 levels.
- Main P-reps lower i_rep to 40,283 down another 1% since last week.
43% of circulating supply staked, vs. 37% at the end of 2019.
- ICON network continues to expand with 113 P-reps.
- P-Reps sponsor Consensus 2020! This is DPoC at its finest.
Rhizome P-rep hosts 3rd P-Rep meeting to continue discussing ICON ecosystem enhancements and Consensus 2020.
- ICX_Station releases part two of the 30+ page series on ICON’s technology, ICON, deconstructed including LFT 2.0.
- ICON Foundation approves 4 grant requests - DappReview, Atomic Wallet, FutureICX, and Fortmatic. Keep them coming!
ICONLOOP was honored as a finalist for the Blockchain Revolution Global Enterprise Blockchain Awards.
Min Kim, ICON Foundation Council