65.8% of the circulating supply is staked vs. 54.8% in June 2019. This decreased from 66.9% just 2 weeks ago. We believe this decrease may be due to the upcoming launch of Balanced Network where ICONists can deposit ICX for sICX.
- Overall, we continue to see a general increase in wallet usage and transactions in the network. This aligns with our reports of a steady increase in new user additions on ICONFi according to the management team.
- BTP working group and first BTP integration with Polkadot announced. Expect many more names to be added in the future.
- Craft Network Alpha launched on Yeouido Testnet.
- Seoul Citizen Reporter Certification issued on the ICON public blockchain network using Zzeung mobile app.
- WalletX on Android launched with INS. iOS coming very soon.
- New $ICX exchange listings on Coinone(Korea) and Tokocrypto(Indonesia).
There’s a lot happening in ICON. ICON is layer 1 protocol. It is also known as a smart contract platform. ICON built its own highly scalable blockchain. ICON has been focus on enterprise adoption in Korea. ICON is a DAO with P-Reps and CPS. ICON is pushing DeFi and NFTs. And, of course, ICON is all about interoperability. That’s a lot to digest especially for new ICONists.
So, let’s make this simple. What is ICON?
ICON is an Aggregator Chain.
We have one ultimate goal which is to interconnect all blockchain networks. The future is multi-chain and ICON will aggregate them all to make it simple for users.
ICON will connect all private and public blockchains. ICON will allow NFTs on other networks to be purchased on ICON, and vice versa. ICON will allow $ICX to be used in DeFi products on other blockchains. But, most importantly, all of this will be done in a very elegant way with BTP, our secret sauce.
We are extremely excited about sharing BTP rollout updates with you. This is going to be fun!