60.7%+ of the circulating supply remains staked vs. 38.4% at the end of 2019. As mentioned, this continues to show long-term confidence in $ICX.
- Weekly wallet growth remains consistent and we believe this will soon begin to increase as many new use-cases for $ICX go live in the coming months (some covered in this newsletter).
- Healthy signs of community activity with Forum Total Posts/Comments noticeably increasing recently (+5% in the past couple of weeks).
- Project Nebula, a new NFT game, kicks off with a BANG with 99 planet NFTs selling out in 4 minutes. The first planet sells for 5,009 ICX.
- The STIN – Styrian Gin Distiller’s Cut is finally available to order. Special limited 999 bottles can be verified for authenticity on the ICON network.
- ICONbet’s DAOlottery jackpot surpasses 100,000 ICX. Wow!
- New $ICX listing on Bitcoin.com Exchange.
Gangnam Testnet goes live + October Roadmap Update
- ICONLOOP’s Jeju Island project gets featured on VentureBeat.
- ICON appears on Korean government’s NIPA Survey.
- Lots and lots of ICON videos and podcasts.
I don’t know about you, but it feels like we’re starting to enter a new phase for the ICON project. First, ICONLOOP’s digital identity product ‘Zzeung’ is starting to hit its stride with approximately 50,000 KYC-ed accounts with Shinhan Bank partnership alone in less than a month. And, of course, the Jeju Island project is progressing smoothly towards its official launch this month.
Most importantly, as mentioned many times before, ICON is no longer solely driven by ICON Foundation or ICONLOOP. The future of ICON depends on the work of P-Reps and other contributors to the network and we’re excited to see this happening today. We’re anticipating new DeFi projects including BalancedDAO
. And, we’re excited to see other projects such as Nebula, STIN, and others launching on the ICON network.
Thank you for your continued support for the ICON project. We’re pleased to have you on this incredible journey with us.
Min Kim, ICON Foundation Council Member