We’ve hit a big milestone this past week. ICON network has surpassed 100 million transactions
. Congratulation! This is a meaningful accomplishment by our community. It took almost 2.5 years since we launched our mainnet on January 2018
. As our network continues to grow, our next 100 million will surely come sooner.
How can I say this with such confidence? This is because we’re now starting to see what we’ve been waiting for - meaningful collaboration between P-Reps to raise the quality bar and to focus on growth. We’ll show some of these collaborations in this week’s newsletter.
100 million total network transactions since January 2018, nearly 2.5 years. We’ve averaged 142,000 daily transactions in the past week.
~54.5% of circulating supply staked vs. 38.4% at the end of 2019. ~13.9% annual staking reward
- Another +2.6% weekly growth in balanced wallets. Over 292,ooo wallets now have an ICX balance
- Main P-Reps lowered the global commission rate to ~17.5% down from ~17.9% last week
Atomic Wallet integrates ICON $ICX and announces that staking is coming soon
- ICONation and ReliantNode teams collaborate to improve ICONSwap, our first DEX on ICON
- Sharpn team teases FutureICX is close to being launched by the end of this month
- ICONLOOP’s MyID Alliance grows to 65 members
- ICONLOOP unveils VisitMe electronic guestbook service that helps track down COVID19 infection
- Korea Internet & Security Agency (KISA) launches 2020 Blockchain Technology and Industry Policy Forum at ICONLOOP HQ
Lastly, we decided to change the newsletter release schedule from weekly to once every 2 weeks so that we can provide our readers with more impactful content. We know our community enjoys these newsletters as we consistently see an impressive open rate of ~20%, so we do care about improving the quality. We appreciate all your support.
Min Kim, ICON Foundation Council Member