47.7% of circulating supply staked vs. 38.4% at the end of 2019. 30.9% of the total supply staked. ~16% annual staking reward
+38.0% average monthly growth in wallets from the end of March. 117.7% from the beginning of 2020.
- ICON network added 2 more P-Rep Candidates. We’re now at 125 total P-rep Candidates
- Main P-Reps lowered i_rep to 40,808 from 43,861 the previous week. This is a HUGE drop, which we believe is much needed to fight inflation
- MyID Alliance added 5 more companies, including Binance Korea, and increased total members to 62
- Sharpn P-Rep team releases a new IRC2 Tutorial on Devblockchain.tech
- ICON DAO P-Rep team to present ICON project at Nobel Peace Summit 2020
- ICX Station P-Rep team to present ICON project at Reimagine 2020 Virtual Conference
Here I mention the above paper for the following reasons:
Take a look behind the numbers. If you’ve played with various tools, DAPPs, and services from various blockchain platforms, it’s not hard to see that we’re all far from mainstream adoption. There is little difference perhaps between CMC rank #3 and #50, if not quite meaningless altogether, at this point in time.
ICON continues to dedicate all our energy into genuine blockchain use, not generating meaningless numbers. Our team continues to add real companies into MyID Alliance. We have real organizations using #BROOF and VisitMe. ICX powers these next generation enterprise applications. We still have a long way to go, but we’re not hiding this fact and there is no question about the integrity of our team.
Apply above learning to ICON P-Rep Voting. P-Reps are supposed to invest their block rewards toward good projects that add value to the ICON network. There’s a lot of talking and not enough doing. Take a look at the actual contributions and progress. Compare actual quality of P-Rep contributions. Look at MyICONwallet.com, devblockchain.tech, iconbet.io, ICONSwap, Mineable videos, ICONPlus videos, etc.
ICON team has the most at stake in the future of ICON network. We have every reason to make the best decisions to increase its value. We do/say things for LT benefit even if it means ST pain/criticism. LT benefit for us means attracting and incentivizing good P-Rep teams.
There are P-Rep teams that are working HARD. Our goal is to continue improving the system for our best P-Reps.
Min Kim, ICON Foundation Council Member