- The long-awaited revised IISS 3.0 Proposal successfully passed!
46.9% of circulating supply staked vs. 38.4% at the end of 2019. 30.3% of total supply staked
- ICON network maintained 122 P-reps. But, don’t worry. We know more are joining.
- Main P-Reps lowered i_rep to 43,835 from 44,888 the previous week
- ICON makes headlines for multiple news sites including BTCManager, CryptoSlate, and Flipside Crypto
ICON ranked #4 by active users and volume according to 2020 Q1 DAPP Market Report by Dapp.review
- ICON Foundation releases Monthly Grant Recap for April 2020 with 4 grants approved
It’s been another important week for the ICON project record books. As mentioned above, the long-awaited revised IISS 3.0 Proposal
was voted by 22 P-Reps and successfully passed. The voting ended quickly after the first 17 P-Reps all voted in favor.
Why is this significant? Yes, P-Reps voted and passed proposals in the past. But, this is a big deal because this was an extremely complex and sensitive topic that radically changed the economic structure of the ICON network. There were many days of online and offline debates and negotiations, but in the end, we were able to come to an agreement. This is where many other blockchain projects have failed. ICON not only boasts on-chain governance, which is actually a rare feat in itself, but we have also proven strong governance.
I’d like to thank all the P-Reps for all the hard work and our community members for patiently waiting. Let’s keep rolling!
Min Kim, ICON Foundation Council Member