HousingAnywhere is looking for a PO, Reforge on retention during Covid-19, the worst job description in months, Medium launches Newsletters and the Product Death Cycle. This is your weekly GrowthPulse.
Writing a job description
Nobody said it was easy, but also no one EVER said to screw it up the way the this company did. Insert Revolut, a 5-year-old UK-based digital bank with a whopping $903m of funding and millions of customers.
They were looking for a Head of Engineering in their London office. A few of the requirements that were mentioned and I’m not joking are:
- 10+ year as an engineer
- Minimum GPA 3.5/4 (US), 60% (UK), 8/10 in any other country
- Worked at a large tech company worth more than US $15B
- STEM (technical) degree from top 15 unis in the US, top 5 in the UK, top 2 in any other country
- School/university Olympic medal in competitions in physics, maths or programming
Later Revolut actually withdrew
the vacancy based on feedback from others, you can read the vacancy in the link below.
Writing a good vacancy can be tough, unless you go for the standard list of requirements which is true for the majority of companies. I think it differs from company to company, but if you would be able to capture the company culture, the team’s spirit and the individual’s aspirations you are already differentiating yourself from the competition.
If you wake up every morning, excited to go to the virtual office then why do your vacancies look like a vacancy from the 90’s?
Job alert 🚨
- Product Owner Listings Team @ HousingAnywhere (Rotterdam)
Enjoy your well deserved weekend & see you next week!