I had the most wonderful Thanksgiving celebration in London - thanks to my wonderful support bubble and my husband. We had the most amazing time. They even did up all the decorations and sat through that truly horrible parade.
I don’t have a ton to say today other than to remind you that appreciating the little things that are important in life and surrounding yourself with people whom you love and who care about you is essential. I really felt the love and was not as homesick as I might have been.
What I’m grateful for:
- Loving friends who are always there for me.
- My siblings. My sisters Scarlett and Chloe - and their life partners Britt and Joe - are such sources of strength and love. I just hope some of the other people in my life who have pushed away that love will come home to it soon. I think sometimes you just have to accept that people make their own choices and you can’t control everything. A lesson I’m still learning.
- My strength. Even though being this guarded can have its pitfalls, it has served me well and helps me be the person you guys need me to be.
- My gorgeous, amazing, incredible husband. I’ve never felt love, unconditional support, and joy like I do every single day with him. It’s like living in a fairytale where the princess is a neurotic little anxious kitten and the handsome, loving prince helps her to grow to be all she can while making sure she feels safe and protected. Being this in love still scares me a little sometimes, but as S says, “Your heart is my heart. And my heart is your heart”. Cheesy, maybe. But I fucking love it.
- My family. My mom, dad, sister Heather, and aunt Sheila. I’m happy to have them here with us for another year. Even when things have not gone smoothly.
- My health. I’ve been seeing some early on-set signs of Rheumatoid arthritis, a disease that has crippled my mom since her teens, in my joints and hands. I’ve consulted a GP to have some tests done soon. Other than this, I’m keenly aware that I am in great health and I thank my strong, capable body for carrying me through this life.
- I’m grateful for therapy. I don’t think I’d be OK with it.
- My course on sex therapy begins soon and I’m SO excited about it. I can’t wait to take this next step.
- My editors. I couldn’t be here without your help and constant patience with my never-ending pitches.
- And lastly, I’m thankful for all of you, my unicorn babies. You are the most beautiful people in the world.
What have you been thankful for this year?
This week’s mantras:
- I will take a moment to appreciate the abundance in my life.
- I will tell the people I love that I love them.
- I will be gentle with myself.
- I will love myself.
I love you. Have a great week!