We don’t talk enough about what we’re grateful for, in my opinion anyway. I know you’ll see endless “inspirational” IG quotes talking about thinking about every day like it’s your last and you don’t know what you got until it’s gone. Yeah, yeah. We get it. Go blow ip your ass.
This got me to thinking about concrete gratitude. What are you actually grateful for? Because we can say we’re grateful until we’re blue in the face, but without real, tangible reasons and things for which to feel gratitude, it’s easy to fall back into the habit of complaining about everything.
Don’t get me wrong, I love complaining. But today I’m taking the time to write down 13 things I’m grateful for. I wanted to do 50, but I’m way too cynical for that and ran out of shit to say. And not too big to admit it! Hey, at least I’m trying, right?
Today’s Activity: What are you grateful for? Take some time to write down a few things over your morning coffee today.
- I’m grateful for my husband; for having a partner who supports me, loves me, and takes amazing care of me.
- I’m grateful I get to write about sex and health - a thing I really love doing.
- I’m grateful for my book. I’m so FREAKIN’ excited for it to go on sale.
- I’m grateful for my family, who are super supportive.
- I’m grateful for this comfy hotel bed in New York where I’m writing this list. It’s like a fucking cloud.
- I’m grateful for this beautiful fall weather. Sweaters are dope.
- I’m grateful for my ambition, even when it makes me feel like my accomplishments are never enough.
- I’m grateful for my friends, who are so loyal and amazing. They are some ride-or-die fuckers and I love them so much.
- I’m grateful for my health. I hope I stay healthy!
- I’m grateful for my body. Even though we have a difficult relationship sometimes. I’m sick of hating my body. I’m super over it.
- I’m grateful for peaceful nights of sleep. Those 10-hour motherfuckers. The best.
- I’m grateful for my love of learning. I’m hoping to start training in psychotherapy in 2021. Pretty cool!
- I’m grateful for the future, which I know is going to be exciting and scary and amazing.
- I am divine light.
- I am a glorious ball of fiery sexual energy and I am proud of that.
- I am a master of my world and my choices. I have no power over the choices of others.
- I am at peace.
- I love myself.
Have a great week. I love you.