First off this week…
So…I thought I would try something new for the Geekout newsletter this week. There are a LOT of news, updates, new features EVERY week. To help get you to the most interesting things I’ve spotted in the past 7 days, here’s my Geekout HOT 10 things you need to know about this week:
🔥 GEEKOUT HOT 10
- Facebook launches $1 billion fund for creators…Show me the money!
- ‘Twitter for Professionals’ mode spotted… New screenshots
- Instagram begins testing new ‘Reshare’ sticker for Stories
- WhatsApp is finally becoming easier to use on multiple devices
- Snapchat may soon look a lot more like TikTok… New feature spotted
- Hot new emojis coming soon… Which one will be your new favorite?
- Twitter will now tell you why you’re not worthy of a blue tick
- Instagram is testing video editing features on desktop
- Facebook launch Soundmojis for Messenger… These could get annoying!
- Twitter is testing a new time-saving DM feature…I really want this one!
Like the Geekout Hot 10? Let me know if this format is useful and worth keeping!
DON’T MISS THIS…
🎙Geekout with Matt Navarra is back!
My podcast is finally back. And this time we are doing it LIVE on Twitter Spaces.
We chatted about WhatsApp’s controversial encryption plans, what’s next for WA Business, which most-requested new features may be coming soon (or not!), and LOTS more.
Miss it? No problem…!
🔥 Hot Social Media Job
Headland Consultancy has an awesome new job vacancy for a top social media geek.
It’s an amazing career opportunity to work on social for some of the world’s BIGGEST brands. Headland’s clients include TikTok, Pepsi, eBay, ASOS, KFC, and many others.
BONUS…You also get to work with my good friend Bene Earl
(she’s pretty damn cool).
Time to dive into the biggest news stories making the headlines in the world of social this week. 👇
P.S. 🗣JOIN MY GEEKOUT TWITTER SPACE!
Join us for Geekout Weekly on Twitter Spaces today (Fri 16 July) at 4pm [UK]. I will give you a full debriefing on all the biggest news stories impacting social media managers this week!