This note was under the bottle of raspberry lemonade you see in the photograph. I’m going to be honest, I haven’t followed the Edward Snowden case that closely, but the FBI’s powers have expanded significantly. On the other hand, I touched the lemonade (for purposes of documentation only) and I lived to tell the tale. Lily likes lemonade.
It’s Thursday night and I’ve simply run out of time this week friends. I’ve taken on a new role at the office and things are a little hurly burly. But, to make up for my delinquency, I’m giving you more juicy links than you’ll be able to stand.
The Power of Music
- Is music the purest art form? Perhaps. Who am I to argue with Schopenhauer? See, for example, Prince
. But see, Justin Bieber
After ‘The Biggest Loser’
- This is a discouraging but important read. Try to keep it off to begin with, kids. The body is an interesting machine and, in the case of weight loss, it may work against you under certain circumstances. (Maybe Lily was trying to save me from myself?)
Turn Your Screen Grey
- If your phone is a distraction, you can make it look miserable. I tried this for a day and it worked so I switched it back.
- I’ve started to listen to audio books and I get very impatient sometimes. This is the perfect app. You can speed up the narration and pack your brain with information at breakneck speed. You’ll be depressed by all your new knowledge but you’ll have gotten there in a jiffy!
Physics Gets Philosophical
- I loved this piece on quantum physics. I get a kick out of the realization that, as our understanding of science gets ever-more sophisticated, the more relevant philosophy becomes.
- Here’s your chance to chuck it all and go live in a primitive society. Don’t do this if you couldn’t handle the grey screen hack above.
I’ll do a better job of time management next week. Writing/preparing the High Five has become very important time for me to do some mental housekeeping and so this week is an important signal I’ve let my week get a little out of hand. Please enjoy the links this weekend if you find the time. Or maybe just make sure to get outside, stand in the sun, and laugh into the sky.
Have a nice weekend,