What to expect: Square Enix’s presentation will take place October 1, at 7PM JST / 11AM GMT / 6AM EST / 3AM GMT. The following games are confirmed to be shown:
- Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
- Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Project Triangle Strategy
- Bravely Default II
- NEO: The World Ends With You
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
What we thought:
FFXIV is a no-brainer, as Endwalker is the next major release for the series, and other press events are taking place that week
The First Soldier‘s beta ended some time ago, so it will be interesting to see how the survey feedback has been incorporated. (Squeenix is also holding a “Special Livestream” for it on October 3, so is the launch imminent?)
Stranger of Paradise is somewhat unexpected, but hopefully there will be a more interesting trailer shown
- Will we get a proper name for Project Triangle Strategy, and will it end up having a Final Fantasy connection?
- There’s also a good chance we’ll see Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars, a new property from Yoko Taro—though this “enchanting story completely depicted by cards” likely has no connection to Final Fantasy or NieR
What’s next: Crossing our fingers, but not getting our hopes up, that we might see Final Fantasy XVI. Recently Yoshida commented that they’re working hard to make it, but made no promises. This list isn’t 100% complete, and shouldn’t be taken as absolute confirmation that we won’t see FFXVI—but if it is shown, I’d wager it will be the big closer.