As the subject suggests, I’ve got six cool links and one cool event to share.
The six cool links
- How Spotify runs remote Design Sprints
- How Dropbox and Microsoft run remote Design Sprints (also video)
- Why Facebook thinks remote Design Sprints improve teamwork
- A not-new-but-still-neat case study about how Headspace used Design Sprints to create “Headspace for Kids”
- Julie Zhuo (author of The Making of a Manager) wants to help match designers with startups, and if you’re either one of those and interested you can find out more here
- An in-depth article about the user interface of those LEGO bricks that look like computers
The cool event, which is this week!
This Wednesday, Aug 20 I’m doing a keynote at the iToday online conference
. It was originally gonna be in Lausanne, but as you may have heard, in-person events are sooooo 2019. Anyway, I’ve got a new version of my Design Sprint talk, which includes a bit about scrambled eggs that I’m very proud of. And the whole conference looks awesome. There are great speakers like Alex Osterwalder
, Ramatoulaye Diallo
, and Kai Haley
. The organizers are my friends Design Sprint Ltd
of Switzerland, who’ve done a bunch of hard work to turn what was supposed to be a big in-person conference into a thoughtfully crafted online event including chats with speakers, video replay, and more. You can get tickets here
. Readers of this newsletter get a 20% discount
with the code JAKEFRIENDS
. I hope to see you there!
Thanks for reading, and all the best this week. :)